Suitable car models will bring your dog more happy when traveling with them, Space is not the only thing, following the instruction below to find a more suitable cars for your dogs.
- Honda Element: A low floor and safety features make this a top pick on message boards.
- Ford Flex:Has a big cargo space (83 cubic feet) for any size dog.
- Kia Soul: You can buy pet-friendly accessories from the dealer — seat covers, rubber mats and cargo dividers.
- Subaru Forester:Has 68 cubic feet of room with the rear seats down, and a lower floor and plenty of tie-down points to secure a crate.
- Volvo V60:This station wagon has optional seat liner, cargo liner and cargo divider.
- VW Tiguan: Has spacious rear seats that fold flat and optional dog barrier.
- Subaru Outback:A wide low-load floor and an optional pet barrier round out the amenities.
- Nissan Juke: Easy to get in and out of, especially through the large rear hatch for smaller-to-medium dogs that ride in a crate.
- GMC Acadia: With ample cargo space, it’s a smooth ride for medium-to-large dogs.
- Mazda 5 Sport:Low cargo floor, sliding rear doors and big opening, automatic climate control.
If you have multiple dogs:
- Dodge Journey AVP:Features include a foldable seat-back and in-floor storage bins.
- Honda Odyssey:Great for large breeds or multiple dogs.
- VW Eurovan: Removable middle seats and a sliding side door make this a winner when traveling with multiple Saint Bernards or Great Danes.