Is it time to buy a new pillow? Do you have a good night sleep? Do you wake up feeling rested? Do you wake up with a tight or sore neck? Do you wake up with Pin’s & Needles in your hands? Do you wake up with headaches? Then it maybe time to look for a new pillow, and below we show you a few tips in how to choose a pillow.
Top seven tips to choosing the right pillow
- Get the right head and neck support – Who would ever want to sleep awkwardly?
- Become aware of the position you sleep in – That way you know what sort of height you want your pillow.
- Consider a pillow that is hypo-allergenic – You can be surprised by how much can accumulate in your pillow over time. This includes, skin cells, dust mites, fungus and mould. Memory foam pillows are a great choice as they are hypoallergenic and usually recommended for sufferers of asthma and allergies.
- Choose a pillow that is appropriate for your body size – if you are of a smaller frame you will not need as firm of a pillow compared to larger frames or people with broader shoulders.
- Consider a pillow that is size adjustable – This is a great way to choose what pillow height is the most comfortable for you.
- Keep track of how old your pillow is. Pillows should be replaced every 18 months to make sure you are getting the proper neck support.
- Buy a pillow that is good quality and will last.